Milestones and Memories
- 1987 World Series, Twins – Cardinals (Frank Viola, Kent Hrbek, Dan Gladden, Gary Gaetti)
- 1991 World Series, Twins – Braves (Kirby Puckett, Jack Morris, Chuck Knoblauch, Greg Gagne, Gene Larkin)
- 1992 Super Bowl (Mark Rypien, Art Monk) Washington Redskins beat Buffalo Bills featuring Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly)
- Cal Ripken Jr.’s 2,000 consecutive game played
- Cal Ripken Jr.’s 3,000 hit
- Eddie Murray 3,000 hit
- Dave Winfield 3,000 hit
- Duke Blue Devils, 1992 and 2001 NCAA Champions (Christian Laettner, Grant Hill, Chris Webber, Shane Battier, Mike Dunleavy, Mike Krzyzewski)
- 1985 Major League Baseball All Star Game (La Marr Hoyt, Pete Rose, Tony Gwynn, Don Mattingly, George Brett, etc.)
- Minnesota Timberwolves first home game (against Chicago Bulls with Michael Jordan) and home of all first season home games
- Adrian Peterson set NFL single game rushing record
- Concerts by Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, Garth Brooks, Paul McCartney, Metallica, N Sync and more.
So many great players have played in this building like Brett Favre, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullin, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Clyde Drexler, John Stockton, Karl Malone, David Robinson, Josh Hamilton, Nolan Ryan, Pete Rose, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Frank Thomas, and not to mention all the events held at this building including a 2004 NHL All Star player’s party, TwinsFest with Rod Carew, Harmon Killebrew, Tony Oliva, etc.
Your purchase will include an authentic Teflon roof piece and a certificate signed by Elites Sports Promotions Agency.
Some other facts about what took place under this roof at the Metrodome:
- The site of Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Dorsett’s 99 yard run, on January 3, 1983 the longest run from scrimmage in NFL history, in a Monday night game that was won by the Minnesota Vikings.
- Dwyane Wade recorded just the fourth triple double in NCAA Men’s Basketball history on March 29, 2003
- On June 28, 2007, in the top of the first inning, Frank Thomas hit a three-run home run to left-center against Carlos Silva for his 500th career home run.
- On September 30, 2007, Brett Favre threw his record-breaking 421st career touchdown pass to Greg Jennings while playing the Vikings at the Metrodome.
- On November 4, 2007, Antonio Cromartie of the San Diego Chargers returned a 57-yard field goal attempt, which was short, 109 yards for a touchdown, which became the longest play in NFL history.
- On November 30, 2008, against the Chicago Bears, Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte threw a 99-yard touchdown pass to Bernard Berrian, tying an NFL record for longest pass.
- On July 28, 2009, White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle broke the MLB record for consecutive batters retired. The record was 41; Buehrle retired 45 in a row.
- On October 5, 2009, with a 30-23 victory over the Green Bay Packers, Brett Favre of the Vikings became the first quarterback in NFL history to defeat each of the league’s 32 franchises.
Other teams that played under this roof:
- Minnesota Golden Gophers (NCAA baseball)
- Minnesota Golden Gophers (NCAA football) (1982-2008)
- Minnesota Strikers (NASL) (1984)
For NCAA Men’s Basketball, the following tournaments were held under this roof:
- 1986 1st and 2nd Round
- 1989 Midwest Regional
- 1991 1st and 2nd Round
- 1992 Final Four
- 1996 Midwest Regional (Tim Duncan)
- 2000 1st and 2nd Round
- 2001 Final Four
- 2003 Midwest Regional
- 2006 Minneapolis Regional
- 2009 1st and 2nd Round